This website is operated by Nova Wakefield District Limited (Nova).
This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email email@example.com or write to: Volunteer Wakefield c/o Nova Wakefield District Limited, 11 Upper York Street, Wakefield, WF1 3LQ.
Why we gather data
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to enable certain functionality on this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
What data we gather
The following data is collected from all visitors:
- Anonymised website usage data
The following data is collected from users sending enquiries about an opportunity:
- Name and contact details
- Enquiry message
Signed in visitors
The following data is collected from visitors creating an account on the site on behalf of a volunteer recruiting organisation:
- Email address
- Information about the organisation the user is operating on behalf of, including but not limited to:
- Organisation contact details
- Organisation description and logo
- Timestamps recording time of account creation, account activation and last login
How long we retain this data
Anonymised analytics data will be deleted after 26 months
User/organisational accounts will be deleted 24 months after their last use
User enquiries will be stored for 18 months after submission
How we use this data
The personal data we collect from you as a signed-in user allows you to make contributions to the site, while the website usage data we collect anonymously allows us to measure the website’s performance.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records
- To identify your organisation on opportunities you post on the site
- To improve the service we provide
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- To customise the website for you
Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer's hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site, and to keep you signed in to the site between visits if you choose to enable this option.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- Recognise when you return to our website. We may show you relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
To learn more about cookies and how they are used, visit the Information Commissioner’s Office page about cookies.
Controlling information about you
If you wish to view, edit or delete the information we hold about you, you can:
- Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to us at: Volunteer Wakefield, c/o Nova Wakefield District Limited, 11 Upper York Street, Wakefield, WF1 3LQ.
We will never lease or sell your personal information to third parties, and we will never distribute your personal information unless the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our general data protection regulation policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 2018.
How you can complain
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 2018.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the volunteerwakefield.org domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.